We’re hiring a new part-time Hotline Coordinator!
Hotline Coordinator (Part-Time)
The Hotline Coordinator (HC) is a part-time (20 hrs/wk) position managed by the Lilith Fund Executive Director. There is potential for this position to become full-time, contingent on funding, in 2019. The HC’s main responsibility is to oversee the operation of the abortion funding hotline, which offers grants to help people in Texas pay for abortion services. This entails running the hotline day-to-day; recruiting, training, and managing hotline volunteers; reporting to the ED and Board of Directors; managing the hotline budgets; maintaining relationships with abortion clinics, other abortion funds, and practical support networks in Texas; and staying up-to-date with Texas abortion funding, regulation, and legislation.
About Lilith Fund
Lilith Fund, founded in 2001, funds abortion and advocates for change through the movement for reproductive justice. Lilith Fund operates a mostly volunteer-run hotline in order to provide direct financial assistance to people in the central and southern half of Texas seeking abortion care. Last year, we provided grants to more than 1,700 people who otherwise would not have been able to afford a safe abortion. Lilith Fund also engages in local and statewide movement-building, organizing, and policy advocacy work in order to create systemic change. Lilith Fund is a women of color-led organization.
This is a part-time employee position coordinating Lilith Fund’s English- and Spanish-language hotline and direct assistance program(s). Key responsibilities include:
- coordination of daily program operations
- recruitment, training, and retention of volunteers
- hotline data, intake, and impact tracking
- monthly program reporting to Board of Directors and Executive Director
- creation, revision, and enforcement of program policies
- management of relationships with partner clinics and community organizations
- program evaluation, assessment, and design recommendations
- some administrative tasks and data entry
- some community outreach and education
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinate the monthly hotline volunteer schedule to ensure continuous hotline shift coverage
- Manage the hotline’s technical resources, including voicemail service used for intake, internet fax service, volunteer email listserv, and shared online volunteer documents
- Maintain and document up-to-date, detailed training materials and program policies for the hotline
- Provide information to the public regarding the Lilith Fund’s hotline volunteer positions
- Schedule and facilitate hotline training sessions as needed
- Recruit and retain a sufficient number of active hotline volunteers as needed
- Provide regular supervision, assistance, and mentorship to hotline volunteers, largely via phone or online; provide clear instructions and feedback
- Organize volunteer appreciation events, happy hours, or socials periodically
- Work with Hotline Committee and Executive Director on issues of program sustainability, strategy
- Work with Lilith Fund staff across other organizational programs to build alignment and foster collaboration
- Serve as primary contact for clinic relations; proactively communicate with clinic staffs regarding issues and program policies
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with other abortion funds, practical/legal support, and community organizations as needed
- Communicate directly with Lilith Fund clients to provide funding to clients, offer support, and manage logistics
- Collect and analyze hotline data, report monthly to the Board of Directors and Executive Director
- Regularly check voicemails on administrative line
The ideal candidate will require minimal direction in order to set and effectively achieve multiple goals. Lilith Fund is looking for someone with strong personal organization and attention to detail who has the proactive spirit needed to quickly identify necessary tasks and efficiently complete them.
- Hotline and/or crisis counseling and/or social work experience, particularly working with low-income women, women of color, immigrant or displaced women and/or women experiencing gender-based violence and/or gender non-conforming, trans, and non-binary people
- Must demonstrate analysis of and commitment to reproductive justice, intersectionality, anti-racism, and abortion access in Texas
- Proficiency in TalkDesk and/or ZenDesk software
- Spanish-language fluency
- Must be comfortable working remotely and maintain regularly weekly scheduled hours
- Must demonstrate good judgment and maintain client confidentiality
- Must embrace culture of experimentation and be open to trying new things
- Must effectively communicate with the Executive Director (supervisor) via email, telephone, Google Hangout, and in person
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience coordinating volunteers
Lilith Fund is committed to investing in the leadership of people of color, people who have had abortions and/or who have received funding from an abortion fund(s), low-income people, immigrants, Native peoples, people with disabilities, formerly incarcerated people, queer, and trans people. We do not discourage or discriminate against people with convictions, and you will not be asked if you have ever been convicted of a crime on the application or interview.
This part-time hourly position will be located in Austin (preferred), but candidates in San Antonio and Houston may also apply. The desired start date is July 9, 2018. Depending on qualifications, hourly rate is $20-$25 per hour plus a comprehensive health care package, 40 hours paid vacation time, a 401(k) plan with up to 6% employer match, and more. This position does not include any expectation of fundraising. The Hotline Coordinator directly reports to the Executive Director.
How to Apply
Submit a 1 page cover letter and resume in two separate attachments via an email titled “Hotline Coordinator, [your name]” to [email protected] Accepting applications until July 9th. Ideal start date ASAP.