We’re hiring an Organizing Intern!
Lilith Fund Organizing Intern
Lilith Fund is seeking a paid, part-time intern to assist in the organization’s advocacy, organizing and mobilization activities. Compensation for this temporary position is set at $20 per hour for 20 hours per week, with an additional health care stipend. The position will begin in March 2021 and last for a period of 4-5 months.
About Lilith Fund
Lilith Fund provides financial assistance and emotional support while building community spaces for people who need abortions in Texas—unapologetically, with compassion and conviction. Through organizing and movement-building, we foster a positive culture around abortion, strengthen people power, and fight for reproductive justice in and with our communities.
- Engage and recruit supporters and volunteers to get involved with Lilith Fund’s organizing and advocacy efforts
- Mobilize supporters and volunteers during fast-paced and critical advocacy and organizing moments
- Foster community connections in San Antonio, and assist and collaborate with ongoing local advocacy efforts in San Antonio, including helping facilitate meetings and communications with coalition partners
- Assist and support with Lilith Fund’s organizing activities during the 2021 Texas Legislative Session
Strong candidates will possess many of the following qualities and skills:
- Basic knowledge or understanding of reproductive justice and anti-racist principles
- Experience in or understanding of grassroots community organizing, advocacy, and proactive communication
- Experience using organizational tools and technology (for example, email, Google Suite, Slack, and EveryAction) and experience with digital organizing and social media tools
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, to be flexible, and to be solutions-focused
- Ability to learn quickly and to work effectively in fast-paced environments
Preferred Qualifications (not required):
- Knowledge or basic understanding of organizing principles
- Familiarity with the Texas legislative process
- Proficiency in Spanish
Lilith Fund is committed to investing in the leadership of people of color, people who have had abortions and/or who have received funding from an abortion fund(s), low-income people, people with disabilities, immigrant people, students, Black and Indigenous communities, formerly incarcerated people, queer, trans, and gender nonconforming people. We do not discourage applications from or discriminate against people with a conviction history, and we do not conduct conviction history checks as a part of our hiring process. You will not be asked about your conviction history at any point in the hiring process.
This temporary, paid internship is based in San Antonio, TX and the desired start date is March 15, 2021. The position is remote. The Organizing Intern directly reports to the Organizing Program Manager.
How to Apply
Submit a 1 page cover letter and resume attached in an email titled “Organizing Intern, [your name]” to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to March 5, 2021. Early submissions are encouraged as we will close the application period prior to the close date if a candidate is selected. Applications missing a resume or cover letter will not be considered.