Our Impact in 2016
As we reflect on 2016, we are so grateful for your support. Your incredible dedication to our work has allowed us to accomplish so much this year, and we couldn’t have done it without you.
This election cycle has been overwhelming for those of us who, like you, are invested in protecting abortion access. Like you, we’ve been looking for actions we can take to begin our resistance and reaffirm our resilience. We believe that funding abortion is an act of resistance.
We also believe that in order to resist, we need to nourish ourselves and our community. Our hard work—your hard work and support—have helped us get this far. Together, we have already accomplished so much.
Here are highlights of our accomplishments in 2016:
- Provided funding to 1,286 clients and offered vouchers amounting to $265,517 to date.
- Hired our first-ever executive director, Amanda Williams, who has grown Lilith Fund’s impact by expanding donor engagement, strengthening infrastructure, and deepening our movement-building work.
- Celebrated our historic Fifteenth Anniversary and held celebrations in Austin and Houston, as well as our fabulous quinceañera in San Antonio!
- Marked the significant milestone of 10,000 clients served.
- Continued our proactive local policy work on the Repro Power Texas campaign, in partnership with NARAL Pro-Choice Texas, Texas Equal Access Fund, and Texas Freedom Network.
- Laid the groundwork for our participation in policy advocacy during the 2017 Legislative Session and beyond.
- Renewed our commitment to anti-racist organizing and participated in an extensive Undoing Racism training with other Texas abortion funds.
- Brought Lilith Fund into the national spotlight when our executive director spoke against House Bill 2 on the steps of the Supreme Court of the United States.
- Expanded our reach through media interviews and op-eds in major publications including: Austin Chronicle, Vox, Glamour, TribTalk, Vice, Mic, Salon, Texas Tribune, Dallas Morning News, Huffington Post, Women’s Health Magazine, Texas Observer, The Guardian, and more.
No matter what lies ahead in 2017, Lilith Fund is committed to resisting oppressive forces and lifting up our community. The messages of hate perpetuated by anti-choice politicians will not stop us from fighting for a world where all people have access to the resources they need, including abortion care.
Thanks to your partnership, we’ve been able to provide compassionate and consistent service to our callers for the last fifteen years. Your donation to Lilith Fund enables us to fund abortion, raise awareness of barriers to care, and work strategically with local, state, and national allies to push for systemic change. Thank you for joining us in this fight!