We Are Looking For Our New Hotline Coordinator
The Hotline Coordinator (HC) is a full-time position managed by the Lilith Fund Executive Director. The HC’s main responsibility is to oversee the operation of the abortion funding hotline, which offers grants to help people in Texas pay for abortion services. This entails running the hotline day-to-day; recruiting, training, and managing hotline volunteers; reporting to the ED and Board of Directors; managing the hotline budgets and policies; maintaining relationships with abortion clinics, other abortion funds, community partners, and practical support networks in Texas; and staying up-to-date with Texas abortion funding, regulation, and legislation.
About Lilith Fund
Lilith Fund, founded in 2001, funds abortion and advocates for change through the movement for reproductive justice. Lilith Fund operates a mostly volunteer-run hotline in order to provide direct financial assistance to people in the central and southern half of Texas seeking abortion care. Last year, we provided grants to more than 2,000 people who otherwise would not have been able to afford a safe abortion. Lilith Fund also engages in local and statewide movement-building, organizing, and policy advocacy work in order to create systemic change. Lilith Fund is a women of color-led organization.
This is a full-time employee position coordinating Lilith Fund’s English- and Spanish-language hotline and direct assistance program. Key responsibilities include:
- coordination of daily program operations
- recruitment, training, and retention of volunteers
- implement and manage the use of hotline systems and technology, including data, intake, and impact tracking
- monthly program reporting to Board of Directors and Executive Director
- creation, revision, and enforcement of program policies
- management of relationships with partner clinics and community organizations
- program evaluation, assessment, and design recommendations
- manage and coordinate referral systems with Lilith Fund’s Social Worker
- some administrative tasks and data entry, which includes managing a yearly hotline program budgets
- some community outreach and education
Essential job functions
- Coordinate the monthly hotline volunteer schedule to ensure continuous hotline shift coverage
- Cover any hotline shifts as necessary when volunteers have emergencies or no one is able to sign up for a shift
- Manage the hotline systems, technical resources, including voicemail service used for intake, internet fax service, volunteer email listserv, and shared online volunteer documents
- Maintain and document up-to-date, detailed training materials and program policies for the hotline volunteers and current Hotline Coordinator manual
- Support Social Worker in maintaining a list of comprehensive resources and referrals for hotline clients in LF service area cities
- Work with communications director to provide information to the public regarding the Lilith Fund’s hotline volunteer positions and recruitment
- Schedule and facilitate hotline training sessions as needed
- Recruit and retain a sufficient number of active Spanish speaking and English speaking hotline volunteers as needed
- Provide regular supervision, assistance, and mentorship to hotline volunteers, largely via phone or online; provide clear instructions and feedback
- Organize volunteer appreciation events, happy hours, or socials periodically
- Work with Hotline Committee and Executive Director on issues of program sustainability, strategy
- Work with Lilith Fund staff across other organizational programs to build alignment and foster collaboration
- Serve as primary contact for clinic relations; proactively communicate with clinic staffs regarding issues and program policies
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with other abortion funds, practical/legal support, and community organizations as needed
- Communicate directly with Lilith Fund clients to provide funding to clients, offer support, and manage logistics
- Collect and analyze hotline data, report monthly demographic information to the Board of Directors and Executive Director
- Regularly check messages, calls and voicemails on administrative line and google voice phone number
The ideal candidate will require minimal direction in order to set and effectively achieve multiple goals. Lilith Fund is looking for someone with strong personal organization and attention to detail who has the proactive spirit needed to quickly identify necessary tasks and efficiently complete them.
- Hotline and/or crisis counseling and/or social work experience, particularly working with low-income women, women of color, immigrant or displaced women and/or women experiencing gender-based violence and/or gender non-conforming, trans, and non-binary people
- Must demonstrate analysis of and commitment to reproductive justice, intersectionality, anti-racism, and abortion access in Texas
- Proficiency in TalkDesk and/or ZenDesk software
- Spanish-language fluency
- Must be comfortable working remotely and maintain regularly weekly scheduled hours, as well as flex hours in the evenings to support hotline volunteers during their shifts as needed
- Must demonstrate good judgment and maintain client confidentiality
- Must embrace culture of experimentation and be open to trying new things
- Must effectively communicate with the entire staff and supervisor (Executive Director) via email, telephone, Google Hangout, GoTo Meeting, and in person
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience managing and coordinating volunteers
Lilith Fund is committed to investing in the leadership of people of color, people who have had abortions and/or who have received funding from an abortion fund(s), low-income people, immigrant people, Native people, formerly incarcerated people, queer, and trans people. We do not discourage or discriminate against people with convictions, and you will not be asked if you have ever been convicted of a crime on the application or interview.
This position will be located in Austin (preferred), but candidates in San Antonio and Houston may also apply. All staff work from home. The desired start date is June 3, 2019. Salary range is $47,500 – $50,000 plus a comprehensive health care package, unlimited paid vacation time, a 401(k) plan with up to 6% employer match, and more. This position does not include any expectation of fundraising. The Hotline Coordinator directly reports to the Executive Director.
How to ApplySubmit a 1 page cover letter and resume attached in email titled “Hotline Coordinator, [your name]” to email@example.com. Ideal start date is June 3, 2019. Deadline to apply is Friday, May 10th, 2019.